AGM Notes of interest:
1) Deficit Budget - No Council has the authority to adopt a deficit budget according to the Municipal Act.
2) Motions are made by Councillors. Residents do not move or second resolutions.
3) Residents vote on each service identified. The only aspect on which the residents vote is the cost of each service identified in the proposed budget. Residents do not vote on motions regarding the tax rate. The tax rate is established by Council.
4) Resident Comments: Should a resident wish to address a concern, all comments should be addressed to the Chair and it is requested that residents state their names at the beginning of their remarks.
5) Voting: Residents, for the purpose of voting on services, would follow the same definition of residents for the purpose of voting during a municipal election (Minimum age 18, lived in Community of North Shore 6 months, Canadian citizen).